Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thing #16

I would like to start this article off with a side point. I have learned a valuable lesson in this exercise. Even if there is a link for it, things are still very difficult to locate on the internet. I felt like I was in a scavenger hunt. Kiko shut down. Others you had to pay to use. Backpack's site has switched to Basecamp. I almost gave up and went back to trusty google, but I convinced myself to try something new. In the end, I really am glad that I did.
Once I found the new site by Backpack called Basecamp, I decided I loved it more than my google calendar. Much more! You can click on certain items and invite others to join that event. It allows you to create an item to accomplish and asks if there is an ending date you would like to set for the completion of that item (great for projects). It has many little gadgets like this, and the ease of use surpasses even google calendars, which is difficult in my opinion. The to do lists...these I found less useful. I am happy with a list to accomplish these things, or using my calendar for them. I do not see the need for a separate tool for it.
I think the calendars have great use inside of the classroom, particularly basecamp. I believe that having all teachers use this would help facilitate faculty schedules and remind teachers of upcoming dates for standards tests and TCAP tests, and parent nights at the school. If used by students, it could be like an nline planner. They could all log on to the teacher's calendar and check due dates and things during the class. I can see many uses for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment