Monday, February 11, 2013

Thing #6

I absolutely love GameClassroom! It has so many fun games for Math and Language Arts, and even lesson plans, videos, and worksheets. It is like an entire class set up in one location. The only thing I would change is the grade levels. It is set up for K-6, but I believe children at any grade level would enjoy this. When I was in middle school, I spent most of my computer time on solitaire. These games are far more fun than solitaire and have the potential to actually teach children something.
Inside of a school, I would put a site like this to work, particularly in the cases of gifted individuals or individuals who are having difficulties grasping a certain concept. Gifted individuals can begin learning more complex concepts, while feeling like they are not being punished with more difficult or boring work. Likewise, individuals who may be having difficulties also should not feel as though they are being punished for not understanding something. By giving them a fun game like the ones in the funbrain arcade, they can get comfortable with a difficult concept without fearing the assignment, and taking joy in independently learning a concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment